This is an official notification to all Mississippi-registered architects of important proposed rule changes. The Mississippi State Board of Architecture recently adopted new and revised rules that were filed with the Mississippi Secretary of State on February 18, 2020. Please review the proposed rules, which will:
- Add a provision to Rule 1.7 regarding improper conduct on the part of an applicant while taking the Architect Registration Examination.
- Clarify practice procedures in design/build undertakings (Rule 3.2).
- Bring Rule 4.3 into compliance with the “Fresh Start Act of 2019” (SB 2781).
- Clarify signature requirements for documents (Rules 3.2 and 4.5).
- Expand Chapter 5 regarding disciplinary procedures and actions.
- Amend the definition of health, safety, and welfare subjects in Rule 6.5 to conform to the guidelines established by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
The Board invites your comments or questions regarding the proposed rules. Send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or by postal mail to the Board office) by March 20, 2020.