New rules adopted by the Mississippi State Board of Architecture (MSBOA) in January of this year took effect on October 19, 2020. The following rules have been amended/added (with significant changes noted):
- A provision was added to Rule 1.7 regarding improper conduct on the part of an applicant while taking the Architect Registration Examination.
- Practice procedures in design/build undertakings were clarified (Rule 3.2.7).
- Rule 4.3 was brought into compliance with the “Fresh Start Act of 2019” (SB 2781).
- Signature requirements for documents were clarified (Rules 3.2.4 and 4.5.7).
- Chapter 5 was expanded regarding disciplinary procedures and actions.
- The definition of health, safety, and welfare subjects in Rule 6.5 was amended to conform to the guidelines established by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
Please contact the Board office if you have any questions regarding the new rules.